Brandwidth is a digital innovation agency, established for 21 years and part of the Next15 Communications group, a UK PLC with a global footprint across 50 offices in 15 countries. We connect brands and organisations to the future through disruptive thinking and transformative digital innovation, backed by strong execution.
Brandwidth’s Sales Director is responsible for all aspects of the agency’s group sales activity according to our long-term strategic direction and growth goals. We are looking for a strategic focus on shaping sales strategy and tactics at both a group level (supporting the creation of a winning structure that drives lead gen through to sales for all the agencies within the group) and providing hands-on sales support to Brandwidth.
We are looking for commercial experience to devise and deliver strategies that will positively impact the financial performance of the business. Being the voice of our potential clients and their customers, the Sales Director is a passionate advocate for insight-led initiatives to win and retain key accounts; launch new products and services and identify market gaps to explore and capitalise on new opportunities.
As a Sales Director at Brandwidth, you will:
Client Leadership & Commercial Acumen
- Responsible for the growth of Brandwidth Group companies’ revenue against predefined strategic goals and financial targets for new business.
- Implicitly understand the group’s USPs to promote and cross-sell products and services.
- Work with the Marketing Director in the planning and execution of agency sales and marketing strategy to acquire new and develop existing commercial opportunities.
- Measure all sales activity using a variety of tools and software to constantly evaluate the success , pivoting according to effectiveness in real-time.
- Raise the profile of the agency by effectively communicating our value proposition, products, services, and results throughout targeted channels.
- Oversee the enhancement of systems, processes and methodology that affect commercial performance to assist revenue growth.
- Embrace client and market intelligence to hone tactics and targeting methods to improve conversion rates with the effective interpretation and application of data.
- Set and manage sales team targets providing regular and accurate management reporting.
- Lead the pitch process, including proposal creation, responses to RFPs, RFIs and leads, including conversations with senior client partners and procurement teams during the pitch and contractual stages, negotiating terms and pricing.
- Evaluate both pipeline and existing project work in the context of profitability to optimise processes and create efficiencies.
- Lead internal sales-centric conversations about budgeting and forecasting, liaising with the finance team at key reporting milestones to inform and agree to resourcing requirements.
Team Performance & Collaboration
- Develop and lead a team of commercially motivated individuals to achieve long-term goals, guided by a robust sales and marketing plan.
- Foster an ingrained commercial culture across the business so employees are motivated to contribute and are recognised and rewarded by commercial success.
- Collaborate with the leadership team on M&A activity to standardise methodology across the group and coordinate pitches and proposals that use our collective service offering.
- Work with the Chief Client Officer to develop new opportunities across existing clients.
- Lead the talent pathways, performance reviews, individual goals and professional development for your team.
- Develop Partnerships with the other agencies across Brandwidth and Next15 to lead cross-pollination and collaborative new business opportunities.
Creative & Technical Innovation
- Evaluate existing product and service offerings to use NPD opportunities and refine services according to the latest client, customer, and market analysis.
- Inspire clients to invest in new methods to achieve their goals with the application of new digital products to capture and maintain competitive advantage.
- Use your experience to enhance conversations and content throughout proposal documentation to promote concepts and inspire faith in expertise and quality to produce leads and unlock budgets.
You will bring:
- Relevant academic, post-grad or vocational qualifications in marketing, business or another related field/qualification.
- Leadership, communication, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience leading and managing sales teams, setting targets, and achieving revenue goals for digital agencies.
- A deep understanding of digital marketing strategies, channels, and trends is important.
- Familiarity with the digital marketing landscape including the competitive landscape and latest trends.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong client relationships, understand their needs, and provide solutions that align with the agency's services.
- Proficiency in data analytics and the ability to leverage data to make informed decisions, track ROI, and optimise marketing strategies for clients.
- Experience in recruiting, training, and motivating sales teams. This includes setting KPIs, providing coaching, and ensuring team members meet their targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are important for client presentations, negotiations, and internal collaboration.
- Commitment to build and maintain a strong professional network within the industry to identify new business opportunities and potential partners.
- Familiarity with sales and marketing technology tools, such as CRM systems, marketing automation platforms, and data analytics tools.
- Familiarity with relevant legal and compliance issues in digital marketing, such as data protection laws, is desirable.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Experience Manager, Commerce, Target, and Analytics) is an advantage.
And in return, Brandwidth offers:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Flexible, hybrid working
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private Health Plan
- Life Assurance x 4 Salary
- Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity
- Pre-tax workplace nursery funding
- Season Ticket Loans and Cycle Scheme
- Mental Health wellbeing services
- Gym Membership discounts
- Perks Programme (inc. well known energy, retail and health)
- Up to 40% off a new electric car
Brandwidth recognises that managing diversity is a continuous process of improvement and not a one-off initiative. Therefore, we develop and review our diversity strategy on an annual basis to support the achievement of business goals, including ways of addressing the diverse needs of our clients.
As a growing, global company, we focus on fairness and inclusion, ensuring that merit, competence and potential are the basis for all decisions about recruitment, development and appraisals. Brandwidth takes pride in keeping up to date with employment law and best practice when promoting equal opportunities and ensuring a diverse workforce.