Brandwidth is a digital customer experience agency, established for 21 years and part of the Next15 Communications group, a UK PLC with a global footprint across 50 offices in 15 countries. We help brands grow by redefining and accelerating the digital customer experience, creating rapid value and enabling future digital business.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Native Mobile Developer (with Unity) skilled in either Swift or Kotlin, capable of building and enhancing exciting mobile apps. We also wish for you to be competent as a Unity3D developer helping to create and maintain various other projects across a range of mobile AR and desktop VR platforms.
You'll be used to working in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. You'll have experience in creating and maintaining a variety of mobile projects across various platforms. Experience in AR Foundation and VR development is a bonus.
As a Native Mobile Developer (with Unity) at Brandwidth, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of either Android or iOS solutions in various projects.
- Be capable of assisting with Unity3D solutions in various projects, mostly in AR.
- Be accountable for the quality of produced work and the accuracy of provided time estimations.
- Take an active part in problem-solving and issue investigation
- Provide technical feedback
- Communicate effectively with the different teams of the Company and client representatives, understand and respond to the development briefs
- Take part in defining the solution architecture, choice of technology stack and development approach, deployment tasks, and regular R&D activities
You will bring:
- Solid knowledge of native iOS or Android development.
- A good working knowledge of version control using Git.
- Experience working both as a solo developer and in a team environment.
- Willing to learn new skills and approaches to writing code via skills sharing and self-learning.
- Some robust experience in Unity 3D and C# software development.
- Experience in using RESTful web services
Intermediate knowledge of Unity in the following areas
- Lighting models (dynamic and baked)
- Navigation and pathfinding
- Camera and 3D object manipulation
- Performance and optimization
- Multiplatform development
- Tiered quality setup
- Animator layers
- 2D world-space UI
- Asset Management
- Object-oriented scripting
- Shader creation and manipulation
- Post-processing effects
- Mecanim experience is a plus
- AR Foundation
- Animator Controllers
- Experience creating VR or AR solutions.
- Knowledge of what effects work well in different immersive use cases.
- An understanding of networked Unity projects, with Unity networking.
- An understanding of how to utilise Blend Shapes correctly.
- Experience with Blender or other 3D modelling applications to handle more straightforward amends or simple asset creation.
- Exposure to advanced tracking for VR such as face detection, and hand or body tracking.
And in return, Brandwidth offers:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Flexible, hybrid working
- Annual and monthly bonus schemes
- Matched contribution Pension Plan to 8%
- Death in Service and Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity
- Pre-tax workplace nursery funding
- Season Ticket Loans and Cycle Scheme
- Mental Health well-being services
- Gym Membership discounts
- Perks Programme (inc. well-known energy, retail and health)
- Up to 40% off a new electric car
Brandwidth recognises that managing diversity is a continuous process of improvement and not a one-off initiative. Therefore, we develop and review our diversity strategy on an annual basis to support the achievement of business goals, including ways of addressing the diverse needs of our clients.
As a growing, global company, we focus on fairness and inclusion, ensuring that merit, competence and potential are the basis for all decisions about recruitment, development and appraisals. Brandwidth takes pride in keeping up to date with employment law and best practices when promoting equal opportunities and ensuring a diverse workforce.