PR Events Officer
Cubaka, an award-winning agency specialising in social media communications. We have a proud history of working with Toyota and Lexus, together developing the leading automotive social media department in the UK. For more information, please visit our website at www.cubaka.com.
Toyota GB is frequently ranked as one of the top "Best Companies to Work for" list published by The Sunday Times, and contractors based with TGB can benefit from many of the award-winning schemes available to staff, including a contractor-specific scheme for access to Toyota and Lexus cars.
You will be part of a relaxed, informal but very high performing team which includes PR, Content & Publishing, Social media, Community Management, Data & Insights and, of course, Events & Operations. For more information about Toyota and our products, please visit www.toyota.co.uk. You can read more about working at Toyota here: https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-toyota/careers/toyota-(gb).
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the leading automotive PR teams in Britain and play a vital role in planning and delivering exceptional media events.
Based in the Press and Social media team at Toyota's award-winning Eco HQ at Burgh Heath, near Epsom, Surrey, you will lead events and press relations for both the Toyota and Lexus brands.
As a full-time and permanent member of the Toyota GB team, you will be contracted through Cubaka, reporting into our Head of Operations, and stationed at Toyota GB HQ. While your base will be at the office, Toyota also offers flexible and remote working policies to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
As a PR Events Officer at Cubaka, you will:
- Work closely with the media, both automotive and lifestyle, alongside colleagues at TGB and around the world to help Toyota continue to deliver product launches and events which the media consistently rate as amongst the best in the business.
- Lead the development and management of events and supporting the PR department with media relations.
- Own the planning and delivery of events and launches to support our PR Operations Manager and her team. This includes budgeting, communications strategy and logistics.
- Be the main person on your launches, often dealing direct with very senior figures in the Toyota world as well as media. You will build relationships with automotive and lifestyle journalists.
- Build close personal relationships with key media personalities to help us maintain our excellent reputation in these areas.
You will bring:
- 2yrs+ experience in a PR capacity, either in an events agency, PR agency or corporate department.
- Superb organisational skills, love to manage big projects and have the vision and drive to turn great ideas in to brilliant events.
- A methodical, precise and organised approach, but also to be full of ideas for how an event should look, where it should be held, and what might happen on it. The launches are varied and challenging, from V8 sports convertibles to EVs, and cars powered by hydrogen to vans.
- A track history of success in logistics, communications strategy, and managing complex budgets.
- Great communication skills, ability to translate technical information into strategic narrative ready for sell-in to media.
- Positive work attitude, and be a self-starter, confident and bright individual, focused on ownership of projects.
- A willingness to travel and be comfortable in a mutually supportive, informal but high-pressure, team environment.
- Experience from working in or with an automotive brand is welcome but not essential, as is some interest in and enthusiasm for cars, transport, and the accompanying environmental and social issues.
- Experience in events management would be a bonus, but not essential. More important is experience managing issues and projects and taking them from concept to reality.
And in return, Cubaka offers:
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Flexible, hybrid working
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Auto-enrolment pension (up to 8% contribution)
- Annual review, and quarterly performance reviews
- Choice of company Apple MacBook Pro or PC
Cubaka and Brandwidth recognise that managing diversity is a continuous process of improvement and not a one-off initiative. Therefore, we develop and review our diversity strategy on an annual basis to support the achievement of business goals, including ways of addressing the diverse needs of our clients.
Cubaka and Brandwidth take pride in keeping up to date with employment law and best practice when promoting equal opportunities and ensuring a diverse workforce.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Workplace & culture
We work in a supportive hybrid environment with a culture that enables us to celebrate our differences as people from diverse backgrounds. We are challenged daily by our mission to inch towards making better versions of ourselves which translates into the growth of our brands and making them better.
We are growth consultants. We are obsessed with finding ways to help our customers grow sustainably whether that’s focused on their revenue, brands or impact on the world. Everything we do is driven by data and embraces technology. We employ close to 4,000 people across 42 offices in 15 countries, incorporating 22 subsidiary agencies spanning digital content, marketing, PR, consumer, technology, marketing software, market research, public affairs and policy communications.
Our mission is to become the world’s leading growth consultancy. For Next 15, growth consulting isn’t just about growth in sales and profitability. It is growth in reputation, talent and product market share. It’s growth in valuation, innovation and talent retention. Growth is a complex problem, and it needs a sophisticated solution.
Businesses are increasingly one large, interconnected digital entity. A problem or opportunity in one area is now connected to everything else. We view our clients through this digital lens to knit together insight, creative, business design, digital build and customer engagement under one roof to solve today’s most pressing business challenges.
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance
We have accelerated our commitment to running a more sustainable, equitable and diverse organisation that displays leadership in governance and values. We are using the internationally recognised B Corp framework to focus our strategy on people, planet and profit.
PR Events Officer
Loading application form
Already working at Next15?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.