Planning-inc is a data marketing and technology agency. We help brands bring their first-party data to life to gain a real competitive advantage. We are a group of solutions-focused data experts, passionate about helping our clients achieve amazing things whether it’s through expertly engineered data platforms, or innovative analytics and strategic planning. We work with some of the world’s biggest and most respected brands, and are at an exciting time in our evolution, with ambitious plans to scale our solutions and reach an even broader audience.
Ask anyone who works here, and they will tell you that the best things about life at Planning-inc are the people and the amazing clients. If you are looking for a role in a nurturing, fun, people-focused environment and welcome the chance to test your skills working with super ambitious brands, then this could be the opportunity for you. We invest in our people and promote personal development, offering training and support for growth, in addition to a range of employee benefits. We are hybrid working between our London office base and WFH, and we encourage regular face-to-face engagement through team days and socials.
Working as part of Planning-inc’s growing sales and marketing function, the Business Development Executive will be responsible for generating qualified leads for the Sales team.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in the business's ambitious growth plans and will have the opportunity to promote a suite of highly differentiated solutions and products, leveraging an already enviable client list. They will work closely with Planning-inc’s Marketing and Strategy teams to engage key target audiences in the Customer Marketing space and will be fully enabled by a rich content production schedule and a series of hosted events with which to engage prospects. They will be further supported by presales expertise to help nurture conversations to the point of meeting.
This role offers a high level of autonomy and potential to develop in a growing business, as well as the potential for the successful candidate to learn about industry-leading technology and marketing best practices. This is an exciting opportunity for new business professionals looking to further develop their careers in the marketing technology and marketing agency services space.
▪ Identify and understand prospects' needs and requirements depending on the industry and research and qualify businesses identified as key target prospects. Maintain and expand the database of prospects within the required industry verticals.
▪ Maintain and enrich prospect business data in Planning-inc’s CRM system, creating or updating company/contact details based on LinkedIn research and other industry sources.
▪ Build long-term relationships with identified prospects, leveraging content assets and industry research to drive engagement and ultimately generate interest in Planning-Inc’s approach, products, and services
▪ Handle objections to ensure sales executives get to meet the prospect face to face
▪ Source new sales opportunities (meetings and calls) through outbound LinkedIn messages, emails, and cold calls.
▪ Manage inbound lead qualification and follow-up.
▪ Work with the marketing team to create effective lead generation campaigns.
▪ Support the management team with operational and administrative tasks.
▪ Achieve objective as agreed on a quarterly basis.
Key experience & skills
▪ 18 months+ of business development experience either in a junior sale, inside-sale, or pre-sale position.
▪ Experience gained within the direct/data marketing industry, with experience in a marketing technology vendor or marketing agency space
▪ Track record of achieving objectives
▪ Strong written skills
▪ Strong phone presence and experience
▪ Experience working with LinkedIn
▪ Experience working with HubSpot, Salesforce.com or similar CRM
▪ Strong listening and presentation skills
▪ Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
▪ BA/BS degree or equivalent
Compensation based on experience
Up to £45,000 OTE (plus uncapped first-year revenue commission)
- Annual Performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave + additional days with service
- Holiday Purchase Scheme - buy up to 5 days
- 2 Community volunteer days
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Structured training, development opportunities and progression plans
- Social events and office treats
- Open and collaborative workplace culture
- Hybrid working environment
- Gym membership discount
- Perks at Work discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opt-in Private Dental Insurance
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Green Car Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
At Planning-inc, we are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We welcome everyone and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.