Planning-inc is a data marketing and technology agency. We help brands bring their first-party data to life to gain real competitive advantage. We are a group of solutions-focused data experts, passionate about helping our clients achieve amazing things whether it’s through expertly engineered data platforms, or innovative analytics and strategic planning. We work with some of the world’s biggest and most respected brands, and are at an exciting time in our evolution, with ambitious plans to scale our solutions and reach an even broader audience.
Ask anyone who works here, and they will tell you that the best things about life at Planning-inc are the people and the amazing clients. If you are looking for a role in a nurturing, fun, people-focused environment and welcome the chance to test your skills working with super ambitious brands, then this could be the opportunity for you. We invest in our people and promote personal development, offering training and support for growth, in addition to a range of employee benefits. We are hybrid working between our London office base and WFH, and we encourage regular face to face engagement through team days and socials.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our expanding Data Engineering department, working across our exciting range of blue-chip clients. The Senior Data Engineer will play a crucial role in delivering and maintaining systems and services for our clients enabling them to give their customers relevant, tailored and personalised experiences. The right candidate should have a very strong background in databases, be an excellent problem solver, communicator, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment working across several projects at the same time.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Own and take responsibility for the design, build and maintenance of single customer view databases, bringing together and matching different data sources into a single environment
- Own and take responsibility for the design, build and maintenance of processes for extracting, transforming and loading of data
- Build interface processes between various internal and external systems (e.g. applications, data suppliers, data consumers)
- Use technical skills other than SQL to deliver solutions where required including cloud-based tech, APIs, C#.
- Explore new datasets to understand them, and identify limitations and anomalies
- Investigate issues and suggest fixes/solutions
Your Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working closely with relational databases (and preferably experience of MS SQL Server)
- Strong knowledge and experience of database design and ETL processes e.g. (MS SSIS)
- Logical thinker with excellent numeracy skills
- Be able to develop their skills and learn new technologies as and when required
- Annual Performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave + additional days with service
- Holiday Purchase Scheme - buy up to 5 days
- 2 Community volunteer days
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Structured training, development opportunities and progression plans
- Social events and office treats
- Open and collaborative workplace culture
- Hybrid working environment
- Gym membership discount
- Perks at Work discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opt-in Private Dental Insurance
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Green Car Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
At Planning-inc, we are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We welcome everyone and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.