Agent3 is a global company, founded in 2013, with a mission to enable the businesses we work with - including - Salesforce, LinkedIn, Ericsson, Tableau and Splunk - to deliver Account-Based Marketing at scale, engage, win, and grow their key accounts. We do this by combining human creativity, data science and technology.
As a qualified accountant, reporting to the Finance Director, you will ensure the daily running of the finance department and provide the best possible financial support to the broader business.
In addition to maintaining smooth financial processes, a strong control environment and accurate reporting, you will also be a partner to office leads and senior consulting staff. You will assume a leadership role within the finance team, managing one to two direct reports.
We're part of the Next 15 digital communications group, meaning you will also work and communicate with the wider Next 15 group.
As a Financial Controller at Agent3, you will:
- Manage the daily finance team tasks.
- Maintain a strong financial control environment, ensuring processes are enforced and, where needed, enhanced.
- Cashflow management and forecasting, working with the business and Next 15 to improve working capital and minimize forex exposure.
- Checking and approval bi-monthly payment runs – suppliers and staff expenses.
- Coordinate month-end management accounts reporting process including detailed review and approval of all transactional processing.
- Oversee all aspects of revenue reporting and prepayments, accruals and other ad hoc accounting.
- Manage all payroll accounting including review and approval of the payment runs and payroll taxes.
- Manage year-end audit process, being the first point of contact with external auditors
- Oversee all tax reporting to Next 15 and HMRC.
- Run the P&L budgeting and reforecast process, working with office leads to ensure forecasts are accurate and that business plans are commercially sound.
- Maintain rolling revenue forecasts.
- Make recommendations for cost savings / greater value to be achieved with suppliers.
- Provide support to office leads and consultants where needed for pricing and ad hoc client requests.
- Motivate your direct reports, providing support and regular feedback to them and the broader business where needed.
- Be a leader, be present and set a positive example of what the finance department can give to the agency beyond the daily transactions.
As a Financial Controller at Agent3, you will bring:
- CIMA or other Accountant qualifications with 5+ years experience in a Financial Reporting role.
- Demonstrate complex trouble-shooting, effective decision-making and not be afraid to propose a different approach.
- The ability to maintain a consistent level of work output.
- The ability to always look to guide process improvements.
- Excellent skills in discussing finance matters with non-finance individuals.
- IT skills - Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Word and Maconomy experience would be advantageous.
- Experience of line management
- Sensitivity to the confidential nature of financial data
And in return, Agent3 offers:
- Great compensation package
- Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Learning and development budget
- Custom career plans
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off
- 20 days annual leave for the first year increasing to 25 after 2 years of service
- The best tech and tools in the industry
We have a simple philosophy at Agent3: Nobody has a monopoly on the best ideas. So, we pride ourselves on having a lateral structure that encourages innovation and smart thinking from every employee within the company, no matter your age, role or ability.
Together we do amazing things and achieve unbelievable results. Together we work hard for each other. We praise and recognize great effort. We operate flexibly, with a task- not time-driven culture, so our teams can balance the demands of work and real life. We trust our people. Above all, we want everyone to feel valued and for their work to be rewarding.
Agent3 believes that a diverse workforce is not just a social good, but a commercial advantage. Ensuring that we have a diverse workforce and that our people are treated equally regardless of culture, gender and non-binary, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious beliefs, diversity of thought, skills, marital status, family composition, education, age, disability, or any other characteristic, will ensure that we have the diversity of skills, backgrounds, knowledge, experience and thought to do the best work for our clients, and continue to attract the best people.